JOB: Community Care Worker
*Travel to other offices required
Part-time (16 hours)
5.6 weeks Pro Rata
Your Benefits :
Excellent Pay Rate - £12.70 per hour
Occupational sick pay of up to 23 days*
Access to Employee Mental Health Support line
Private medical insurance after one years completed service with the Company
Employee referral scheme
We are looking for a Training Officer to join our team at Optimum Care delivering induction and ongoing training to our carers, and monitoring our care standards in line with regulatory requirements.
Main Duties & Tasks
Training & Development
- Ensure staff are adequately trained to carry out their functions.
- Arrange induction programmes, deliver same and ensure shadow training for new starts.
- Identify and provide ongoing training to care staff and other team members as appropriate.
- Assist with any training programme review as required.
- Ensure employee adherence to Northern Ireland Social Care Council Codes of Practice.
- Ensure relevant staff are trained in the requirements of Vetting & Barring and the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- Liaise with the Training Manager to ensure training requirements are met.
- Co-Ordinate all areas of training administration in line with the organisation’s training plan.
- Support Domiciliary Services Manager to ensure adherence to regulatory care standards.
- Ensure all aspects of administration are carried out according to company specification and statutory regulation such as Domiciliary Care Standards/Regulations, RQIA regulations.
- Follow a systematic, accurate and complete recording system.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and legislative guidelines.
- Maintain accurate databases and prepare necessary reports.
- Carry out administrative activities related to the post.
- Ensure that safe and acceptable standards of care are maintained within a safe environment and care provision meets all statutory requirements.
- Attend occasional client reviews and meetings to assist with any health and safety-related matter and as required.
- Assist with on-the-job training requiring hands-on care.
- Efficiently utilise staff and training resources.
- Assist with recruitment & selection as required
- Participate in maintaining a team working culture and ensure all work is undertaken with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Project professional image both within the immediate working environment and whilst representing the company in any external forum.
- Embrace company ethos of confidentiality within all aspects of work..
- Report on local training and monitoring issues.
- Report on training plans and achievement of same.
- Identify training absences and effectively manage same in liaison with local manager
- Participate in staff meetings.
Flexibility & Mobility
- Deliver and support the training function as required using own transport.
- Flexible approach to working hours including early starts, evening and weekend availability.
- Continually enhance and expand knowledge and skills through continuous professional development.
- Register with the NISCC or other relevant professional body as required and adhere to the Codes of Practice
- A minimum of 6 months experience of delivering training.
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills with the ability to engage audiences.
- Good level of education including Maths and English GCSE (Grade C or above) or equivalent.
- Experience in providing personal care in a work setting.
- Full driving licence with access to a car or equivalent means of transport.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- BTEC National Diploma or NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care or working towards completion, or other relevant health profession qualification
- Experience of delivering face-to-face training including group presentations.
- Experience keeping a Learning Management System (LMS) up to date and drawing reports
Your Rewards & Benefits
At Optimum Care, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of £12.70 per hour
- 5.6 weeks paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Occupational sick pay of up to 23 days (*after successful completion of 6-month probationary period)
- Private medical insurance (after one year of completed service with the Company)
- Access to Employee Mental Health Support line
- Employee referral scheme
- Company Pension
Optimum Care is part of the Domestic Care Group of companies. We are a leading Home Care provider in Northern Ireland, providing care for our clients since 1993. We have over 500 care staff throughout our four offices in Newtownards, Belfast, Newtownabbey and Coleraine. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in all our staff members striving to provide them with a positive and supported working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We operate a no-smoking policy.
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please fill in the below application form before the closing date:
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply: