Senior Healthcare Assistant
JOB: Community Care Worker
Burleigh Hill House, Carrickfergus
5.6 weeks Pro Rata
Your Benefits :
Excellent Pay Rate - £10.10 per hour
Free on-site parking
Career Progression Opportunities
As a Senior Healthcare Assistant you will work as a multi-skilled member of the team in our residential home providing various aspects of care to our residents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify training needs of Healthcare Assistants and report same to Sister/Charge Nurse/Nurse Manager/Residential Charge.
- Deliver induction and ongoing training to Healthcare Assistants.
- Monitor care provision within the home and provide feedback to staff.
- Assist with probationary assessments and ongoing performance reviews.
- Train to be multi-skilled in all areas of the home, i.e. Personal Care, Kitchen and Laundry.
- Assist with all daily living activities, e.g. washing, dressing, continence promotion and meals.
- Ensure safe and acceptable standards of care are maintained within a safe environment.
- Promote the core values of care at all times.
- Complete all paperwork accurately.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with your line manager.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as laid down by the company.
- Obtain NISCC registration before employment and maintain it during employment
- Adhere to the NISCC Codes of Practice and Conduct.
- Adhere to all legislative guidelines including those pertaining to Employment Law.
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure the confidentiality of residents, colleagues and the company at all times.
- Work effectively as part of the team.
- Provide a high-quality service at all times.
- Lead by example, ensuring all work is undertaken with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Work on a flexible rota, including evenings, weekends and public holidays, as directed by management.
This Job Description is not meant to be definitive but is an outline of the post as it is currently perceived. We reserve the right to amend this document at any time according to business needs.
The Company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- 6 months of experience as a Senior Healthcare Assistant in a Nursing Home or similar environment. (must have experience administering medication)
- NVQ Level 2 in Care or equivalent or minimum of six months experience in a similar role
- Be registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- NVQ Level 3 in Care or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a nursing home or similar environment.
- Previous experience in induction or training role.
About Burleigh Hill House
Burleigh Hill House joined MD Healthcare in 2016. Situated in historic Carrickfergus, the purpose-built home has been established for over 20 years and offers both Nursing and Residential care. There are beautiful dayrooms, dining rooms and quiet areas around the home for residents along with a beautiful summer house in the garden.
The Company operates a No Smoking Policy
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: