Senior Community Care Worker
JOB: Community Care Worker
Joining Bonus (Sept only)
5.6 weeks Pro Rata
Your Benefits :
£250 Joining Bonus
Excellent Pay Rate - £12.25per hour
Generous on-call rate - £306.25
Enhanced Bank Holiday Rate - up to £24.50 per hour
Paid Mileage - 30p per mile
Permanent Contract - no zero hours
Access to our Employee Mental Health Support Line
Paid training & induction
Mobile phone provided for work
Daily support from the office team
Career Progression Opportunities
Job Ref: 1022OPTB06
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Community Care Worker to join our Belfast team. This role covers the East Belfast & Dundonald area, reporting to our Optimum Care office located on the Montgomery Road, Belfast.
As a Senior Community Care Worker, you will work with our Belfast office team to monitor and help train our Community Care Workers. This role is suited to someone looking for a senior role within care and enjoys not only providing care to our clients but supporting and training other staff to a high standard.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in community care and is committed to playing a key role in ensuring the service we provide to our clients is of the highest standard.
You will help to cover our on-call periods when the office is closed, which includes evenings/mornings (5 pm – 11 pm & 7 am – 9 am) and weekends. For this, you will receive a generous on-call rate of pay on weekends.
- Ensure care provision meets all statutory requirements
- Liaise with clients and families and attend client reviews as required.
- Report any client care issue in relation to health and safety and assist with resolution
- Undertake care work duties as incorporated into the weekly schedule
- Assist and support care staff with the provision of high-quality care and monitor standards and assist with staff reviews and attend staff meetings
- Attend weekly update meetings with the Co-Ordinator
- Comply with company policies and procedures and legislative guidelines
- Assist with office duties as and when required
- Maintain NISCC registration or secure registration within a fixed period of time
- Project a professional image at all times and lead by example
- Embrace the company ethos of confidentiality within all aspects of work
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Rotational on-call for out of hours enquiries and service breakdown
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a care setting
- Full drivers license and access to a car
- Experience working in Community Care
- NVQ Level 2 in Care
- Supervisory Experience
- NISCC registered
Successful applicants will be encouraged to achieve NVQ Level 3 in Care.
- £250 Joining Bonus – paid after 3 months in your role
- Excellent pay rate: £12.25 per hour
- Generous Weekend On-Call Rate: £306.25 per weekend
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Rate: up to £24.50 per hour
- Mileage Allowance: 30p per mile
- Permanent Contract (no zero-hours)
- Free uniform
- Company Pension
- Access to our Employee Mental Health Support Line
- Paid and ongoing comprehensive training
- Further education opportunities
- A mobile phone will be provided for work purposes
- Career progression opportunities
- Daily support from the office team
About Optimum Care
Optimum Care is a leading Home Care provider in Northern Ireland. We’ve been providing care for our clients since 1993. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in all our carers as they are the backbone of our services. We invest heavily in our training with our in-house team having thorough experience in community care and nursing.
If you think you’d like this role, please fill in the application form below to apply, or contact our recruitment department for an application form:
- T:028 9180 1197
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: