JOB: Community Care Worker
Abbey View, Bangor
Full-time or Part-time
5.6 weeks pro rata
Your Benefits :
Excellent Pay Rate - £19.66ph
Enhanced bank holiday rates
Permanent contract - no zero hours
Free on-site parking
Paid training and induction
Access to Employee Mental Health Support line
Career progression opportunties
Job Ref: 23MDAV04
We are delighted to be recruiting Registered Nurses (Staff Nurse) to join our team at Abbey View Nursing Home.
Within this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day control of the Nursing Team, providing the necessary leadership to maintain high standards of care, safety, discipline, and morale in the Nursing Home.
The aim is to provide nursing care to meet the individual resident’s/patient’s requirements by assessment of both strengths and problem identification, to plan and evaluate all care delivered, and to create a relaxed and homely environment that maximises the individual’s opportunities for self-determination.
The Registered Nurse will participate in the delivery of care and in conjunction with the manager, implement policies and procedures and monitor the care to ensure the defined standards and objectives are being achieved.
Your Duties :
- Comply with the Home Policies and Procedures.
- Organising the admission, discharge or transfer of patients and ensuring that policies relating to the safe custody of residents’ property are adhered to.
- Ensuring that resident/patient care is organised on the basis of individual assessment, identification of strengths and problems, planning and evaluation. Instructing, delegating appropriately, and supervising staff with this responsibility.
- Keeping up-to-date with new techniques, procedures and equipment and encouraging staff to do likewise.
- Keeping the Manager informed of changes and reporting specific matters of importance relating to the prescribing, storage and administration of medication.
- Requisitioning and controlling supplies of stores, dressings, stationery etc whilst practising and encouraging economy in their use.
- Direct supervision of the work of Care Staff and actively participating in the delivery of nursing care to ensure that the highest possible standards are maintained.
- To supervise and direct, as necessary, the work of Domestic and Catering Staff in conjunction with the Home Manager.
- Setting objectives for trained and ancillary staff and ensuring that these are carried out in a professional way.
- Ensuring that the educational needs for all staff are communicated to the Manager.
- Communicating and co-operating with medical and paramedical staff regarding care, and treatment of patients and ensuring that all treatments and instruction are carried out.
- Exercising leadership at all times to ensure confidence and high morale amongst Nursing/Domestic and Catering Staff.
- Investigating and recording all complaints received from residents/patients and relatives in accordance with Home Policy.
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Home Manager.
This job description may be reviewed at any time.
- Excellent pay – £19.66 per hour
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- Permanent contract – no zero hours
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- PAID training & induction
- Access to Employee Mental Health Support line
- Career progression opportunities
- Company Pension
- Registered Nurse on Part 1 of the NMC Register – RGN or RMN (Adult)
About Abbey View
Abbey View is the most recent addition to MD Healthcare in August 2022. Abbey View is located in the seaside town of Bangor, Northern Ireland situated close to the historian Bangor Abbey. The home provides nursing care for up to 25 residents across two floors.
If you think you’d like this role, please fill in the application form below to apply, or contact our recruitment department for an application form:
- T: 028 9180 1197
- E: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We operate a no Smoking Policy.
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: