JOB: Community Care Worker
Aughnacloy House, Lurgan
5.6 weeks pro rata
Your Benefits :
Free on-site parking
Job Ref: 0922MDAH21
We are looking for a Laundry Assistant to join our team at Aughnacloy House to work as a trained member of staff and to ensure that the resident’s bedding and clothing is laundered to the standards required.
The Laundry Assistant will be required to work in the Laundry department of the Home:
- Laundry – Washing, drying and ironing duties.
- Maintain standards of clothing by carrying out small repairs to residents’ clothing such as sewing on buttons, hemming trousers/skirts etc.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Complete all paperwork accurately.
- Communicate regularly with the line manager.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as laid down by the company.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ensure the confidentiality of residents, colleagues and the company at all times.
- Work as part of a team.
- Provide quality service at all times.
Whilst the above is an outline of the duties you will be required to carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required.
The company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Minimum of 1 year of laundry experience in work or a voluntary setting
- Experience working within a Nursing Home or similar environment.
The Company operates a No Smoking Policy.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.