JOB: Community Care Worker
Aughnacloy House, Lurgan
Your Benefits :
Excellent Pay Rate - £11.42 per hour
Free on-site parking
*Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement early. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Job Ref: 23MDAH20
We are looking for a Cook/Team Leader to join our kitchen in Aughnacloy House located in Lurgan.
To Co-ordinate all kitchen duties, involving supervision and direction of relevant staff. To promote and maintain a high standard of food provision, infection control, protection and maintenance of home equipment.
- Planning menus giving due regard to nutrition, residents needs and cost effectiveness.
- Preparing, cooking and serving all types of meals required by patients.
- Daily home baking.
- Ordering, receiving and monitoring stock, in relation to patient numbers.
- Maintain up to date working knowledge of all Care Home Standards relevant to kitchen roles.
- Induct staff in the relevant support service duties and responsibilities for their role.
- Ensure all catering department is operating smoothly, efficiently and effectively with particular regard to infection control & prevention, safety at work and safe temperature control.
- Undertaking rotas ensuring safe & effective staffing levels to provide the highest standard of service.
- Supervise catering staff, monitor their progress and identify training needs.
- Support management with training needs for staff
- Continually review working practices and procedures to ensure quality improvement.
- Management & control of waste ensuring compliance with waste management regulations whilst still ensuring provision of quality service to the Home.
- Accurate record keeping adhering to company guidelines and legislation requirements.
- Liaise with Nursing and Care staff regarding service requirements and report regularly to Home Manager.
- Meet with new residents and families to establish dietary requirements.
- To maintain the kitchen audits and action accordingly.
- Hold staff meeting and attend meetings as required.
- Support Management in the Recruitment of staff.
Whilst the above is an outline of the duties, you will be required to carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Home Manager and/or the Company.
The company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and all employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact with in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Minimum of 1 year’s kitchen experience to include basic cooking, temperature control and stock ordering.
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum of 6 months experience supervising a team of staff.
- Food Safety for Catering certificate – Level 2
- Kitchen experience working within a hospital or Nursing Home environment.
- Have a recognised qualification in catering, i.e. NVQ 1 & 2 or equivalent.
About Aughnacloy House
Aughnacloy House is a purpose-built nursing home in the centre of Lurgan. All rooms are en-suite and there are beautiful gardens and outdoor areas for residents to enjoy. In addition, there are themed areas throughout the home for therapeutic activity and treatment including a light therapy suite and also a fully equipped hairdressing salon.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We operate a no Smoking Policy.
Please Note: Applicants within the last 6 months need not re-apply.
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: