JOB: Community Care Worker
Aughnacloy House, Lurgan
Full-time (37.5 hrs)
5.6 weeks pro rata
Your Benefits :
Excellent Pay Rate - £11.62 per hour
Access to Mental Health Support Line
Free on-site parking
Paid training and induction
We are looking for a Home Administrator to join our team in Aughancloy House. This is a full-time role from Monday to Friday.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Maintain acquire records on pensions/monies received, monies due to support staff, residents’ personal allowances, fees/top-ups ready for inspection, comfort & staff funds, and receipt collection.
- Communication of all admissions, deaths, discharges, temporary absences, fee rate changes and any other relevant information.
- The maintenance of a personal administration file for each resident.
- The banking and reporting of any monies received on a weekly basis.
- Establishing a payment method with the individual resident or their representative in line with Company policy.
- Ensuring that fee rate changes are notified to each resident as directed.
- To ensure that Terms and Conditions of Admission are supplied to each resident or their representative and an acceptance of those terms recorded.
- To manage client contributions and private fee debt in accordance with company policy.
- To conduct all business in accordance with Policy and Procedure laid down in the Administrator Manual.
- To ensure that all invoices submitted for payment are in accordance with Company procedure
- The reconciliation of all weekly timesheets and data entry into the payroll database.
- Accurate reporting of any agency staff hours employed throughout the week.
- Implement and participate in the recruitment and selection procedures and processes ensuring adequate staffing levels are in place.
- To maintain the home’s patient diary, ensuring that it is complete, accurate and submitted on time.
- Petty cash float – maintain the home’s petty cash account and report balance at month-end.
- To safeguard all company, public and personal monies, including resident’s pension and benefits books, cheque books, cash and valuables that the role necessities handling.
- To assist the Home Manager with clerical and secretarial duties as time allows.
- Any other administrative duties as required.
This Job Description is not meant to be definitive but is an outline of the post as it is currently perceived. We reserve the right to amend this document at any time according to business needs.
The Company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times
The successful candidate must be smart in presentation and professional in conduct along with meeting the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 O’Levels/GCSEs at grade C or above to include Maths and English.
- Minimum of 1 year’s relevant administrative experience.
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills.
The following criteria are not essential but desired:
- Cash handling experience.
- Extensive telephone experience dealing with customers.
- Experience working within a care environment.
About Aughnacloy House
Aughnacloy House is a purpose-built nursing home in the centre of Lurgan. All rooms are en-suite and there are beautiful gardens and outdoor areas for residents to enjoy. In addition, there are themed areas throughout the home for therapeutic activity and treatment including a light therapy suite and also a fully equipped hairdressing salon.
The company operates a No Smoking Policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please fill in the full application form below.
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: