JOB: Community Care Worker
Rathmena House, Ballyclare
Nights (12 hours)
Full-time or Part-time
12 hours (nights)
Your Benefits :
Competitive Pay Rate - £9.60 per hour
Enhanced bank holiday rates
Permanent Contract (no-zero hours)
Access to Mental Health Support Line
Paid training & induction
Free on-site parking
Job Ref: 0922MDBH05
We are recruiting Healthcare Assistants to cover night shifts at Rathmena House in Ballyclare.
About Rathmena House
Situated in the leafy suburbs of the market town of Ballyclare in East Antrim, the home is surrounded by attractive gardens and patio areas. The home is registered to offer nursing care and a small number of beds for residential care for up to 29 residents.
What our residents say about living at Rathmena House:
- “I’m spoilt.”
- “The staff are brilliant.”
- “I love it here.”
As a Healthcare Assistant for night shifts, you will work both individually and as part of the team to provide the highest standards of care to all residents within the home.
You do not need experience as full training is provided.
- Carry out a range of duties within the day-to-day programme of care planned for residents.
- Assist residents to get up in the morning, wash, dress, bath/shower and general personal hygiene.
- Assist male and female residents to use the toilet and to meet their needs in relation to incontinence management.
- Assist male and female residents with oral hygiene, (cleaning of teeth & dentures) hand and nail care, and shaving of male residents.
- Care for the residents’ spectacles, and hearing aids etc., and report any faults or damage.
- Observe for any changes to a resident’s well-being and report to Nurse in charge of that resident.
- Move and handle residents as per their individually assessed needs.
- Assist residents to bed, when required.
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to the Nurse in charge or the Manager.
- At times accompany residents to appointments outside the Home.
- Carry out any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Home Manager.
- Assist residents with mealtimes and to serve meals as is necessary on a tray to residents in their room and assist dependent residents to eat and drink when necessary.
- Observe and report on the dietary and fluid intake of residents.
*please see the Job Description for full duties and responsibilities.
- A desire to care for vulnerable adults
* No experience is necessary as full training is provided
- Kitchen or laundry experience in work or a voluntary setting
- Studying for or attained a care-related qualification.
- Be registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- Experience within a paid Nursing Home or similar environment to include personal care experience.
If you think you’d like this role, please fill in the application form below to apply, or contact our recruitment department for an application form:
- T: 028 9180 1197
- E: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We operate a no Smoking Policy.
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: