JOB: Community Care Worker
Abbey View, Bangor
Full-time or Part-time
Days or Nights
Your Benefits :
£200 Joining Bonus
Excellent Pay Rate - £10 per hour
Enhanced bank holiday rates
Permanent Contract (no-zero hours)
Access to Employee Mental Health Support Line
Free on-site parking
Paid training & induction
Job Ref: 23MDAV05
We are seeking Healthcare Assistants to join our nursing home Abbey View, located in Bangor. We are looking for both full-time and part-time staff, (days & nights).
£200 Joining Bonus
Join our team in Abbey View and receive a £200 joining bonus after 3 months in your role.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will be a core member of our team. You will work both individually and as part of the team to provide the highest standards of care to all residents within the home.
You do not need experience as full training is provided.
- Carry out a range of duties within the day-to-day programme of care planned for residents.
- Assist residents to get up in the morning, wash, dress, bath/shower and general personal hygiene.
- Assist male and female residents to use the toilet and to meet their needs in relation to incontinence management.
- Assist male and female residents with oral hygiene, (cleaning of teeth & dentures) hand and nail care, and shaving of male residents.
- Care for the residents’ spectacles, and hearing aids etc., and report any faults or damage.
- Observe for any changes to a resident’s well-being and report to Nurse in charge of that resident.
- Move and handle residents as per their individually assessed needs.
- Assist residents to bed, when required.
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to the Nurse in charge or the Manager.
- At times accompany residents to appointments outside the Home.
- Carry out any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Home Manager.
- Assist residents with mealtimes and to serve meals as is necessary on a tray to residents in their room and assist dependent residents to eat and drink when necessary.
- Observe and report on the dietary and fluid intake of residents.
- Excellent pay rate – £10 per hour
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- Permanent contract (no-zero hours)
- Access to Employee Mental Health Support Line
- Free on-site parking
- Paid training & induction
- Free uniform
- Company Pension
- A desire to care for vulnerable adults
*No experience is necessary as full training is provided
- Studying for or attained a care-related qualification.
- Be registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- Experience within a paid Nursing Home or similar environment to include personal care experience.
About Abbey View
Abbey View is the most recent addition to MD Healthcare in August 2022. Abbey View is located in the seaside town of Bangor, Northern Ireland situated close to the historian Bangor Abbey. The home provides nursing care for up to 25 residents across two floors.
If you think you’d like this role, please fill in the application form below to apply, or contact our recruitment department for an application form:
- T: 028 9180 1197
- E: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We operate a no Smoking Policy.
*pay rate as of 28/11/22
We are delighted you want to be part of our team!
Please fill in the application form below to apply now: